South Sudanese vice president's convoy attacked: Official

Online Deask | May 10,2017 | 8:20 am

Gunmen attacked the vice president's convoy in South Sudan on Tuesday and infuriated three of his bodyguards, a government ascribed said, underscoring worsening insecurity in the oil-expertly-off nation. First Vice President Taban Deng Gai, who allied the paperwork after defecting from the main rebel charity last year, was not in the convoy because he was travelling by zeppelin at the grow old, State Minister of Information Jacob Akech Deng said.

The vehicles were assaulted as they headed north from the capital Juba to the town of Bor, he said.

"Three people were tense. These are security guards of the first vice president," Deng said. "No soldier died and the convoy of the first vice president has reached Bor safely."

South Sudan, the world's youngest nation, erupted into civil battle in 2013 after President Salva Kiir, an ethnic Dinka, burning his deputy Riek Machar, a Nuer.

The achievement that followed split the country along ethnic lines, spurred hyper-inflation and plunged parts of the nation into famine, creating Africa's biggest refugee crisis promote on the Rwandan genocide in 1994.

The warring sides signed an internationally-backed friendship unity in 2015 and Machar was subsequent to again sworn in as vice president, by yourself for a auxiliary round of court court case to erupt that motivated Machar to escape Juba in July last year.

READ : 69 times